Makes 6 servings
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups raw or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir to blend. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, and bake until the mixture sets. It usually takes about 50 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Cool, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve cold.
Fun Fact: I picked this recipe up at Oak Alley Plantation, when I went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to visit my pen pal and friend, Jim a few years ago. A cherished trip, and a cherished friend! It’s easy to make, and usually the only thing I have to run to the store for is the buttermilk!